Hi! It's a pleasure to meet you!
Thank you for your expressed interest in working with me or sharing your creative vision!
I've created this page to share with people like you (who've reached out to me with a creative vision and who discussed working together). I want to provide this page just as a way to introduce my creative process and what you can expect choosing me to bring your creative vision to life.
I’m passionate about my work within photography, video editing, and even design. I'm also passionate about your satisfaction and a desire to produce your vision to the best that I'm able to do.
When it comes to ensuring a relaxing photo session, successful film project, or creative endeavor, I'd like to extend the option to communicate together, through the way that is most convenient and effective for you. I'm happy to meet in person to talk more or work out the details through email or phone.
My Creative Process:
1. Communication: This is the first stage of your project that's really important to understand more about your goals as a person or business and to organize the initial details of the creative vision into a workable project and the final deliverable (or outcomes) that you are expecting.
2. Pre-Production: I'll do this part by asking for very detailed information and questions to gain a stronger understanding of the story -- creating a brief game plan for myself that I can use to implement during production -- plans to map out necessary equipment I will need for production and planning shots to help post-production editing run smoothly.
3. Production: The big day! Lights, camera, action. Whether it's a full on photo or video production or just a virtual project, I will use all the information I've gathered in pre production to start working to deliver the practical deliverables we discussed that bring your vision to life.
4. Post-Production: Oh, but wait it's not quite over. Yes, this is where I hope to really shine. After getting the shots, I will cut them up and bring it all together. It's truly an amazing process to see raw shots synced with sound or individual photos coming together to tell a unique and powerful story.
5. Presentation & Revisions: I will send you my work usually within 1 week to 4 weeks (depending on type of creative work) to make sure it meets your needs. I usally expect to work through 2-3 revisions, as I love feedback to know how I can improve to match what's in your head better even though I try my best to get it right the first time. I am happy to work with you through 2-3 revisions to make any necessary changes. Please note that final timelines given are subject to change depending on the nature of the project.
6. Final Delivery:
Okay, okay! Yes, this is actually the funnest (not a word) part. This also will vary depending on the type of creative service but usually you will receive digital delivery upon invoicing through Square or PayPal. It will usually include a link to download files completed uniquely for you.
USAGE: Digital files, prints, and deliverables received in general can be downloaded and used for any type of noncommercial and personal use only. Some projects may have different usage rights for any final deliverables or if needs change in the future we can adjust which may include a license fee.
For video production services: I will automatically deliver the final deliverables to your inbox through We Transfer or a similar file transfer The files sent can be delivered physically (i.e. CD/DVD, if requested).
P.S. I can also provide videos in a physical form for certain projects a part of a physical album (ask me if interested). A mailing address must be provided to receive physical deliverables.
For photography services: You will receive a URL link to an online gallery with high-resolution edited photos uploaded. This gallery includes a built in store for ordering a variety of prints. I usually allow clients to print on their own as many prefer digital delivery, but if you provide a correct mailing address, I can provide a few best prints along with digital delivery
If I can help you creatively please share your creative vision with appropriate details that I might need to know about what you are looking for. I've created a brief form at the link below, as a place you can share details. I'll typically reply back by sharing a unique URL with a price quote/proposal based on your details
Thank you - I look forward to the potential of working with you
John Stuart Thomas